[Faith-talk] what I forgot in my last post

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:40:38 UTC 2016

I was a little quick on the draw when I sent my last, so several things I forgot:

There are a few videos you may want to YouTube:

There are several about Pat Boone’s grandson, Ryan Corbin, who has a head injury from a bad fall some 13 years ago or so, and how God worked mightily in his life for miraculous (albeit time-and-labor-intensive) healing—the guy actually sings, and—I’m not totally sure, maybe someone knows more than I—is now using a walker, but the fact that he even made it through the night the day he was injured, and has overcome so much since, is miracle enough for me!

Speaking of the Boone family: another miracle (again labor-and-time-intensive): Pat’s daughter Cherry Boone O’Neil has journeyed the long road to overcoming anorexia (she has several books out, some of which are in accessible formats), and now ministers to fellow sufferers. Some anorexics have damaged their bodies to the point where they are infertile, and after her 10-year battle, she has had 5 kids! Not to condone the behavior or contribute to any “invincible thinking” among those who have eating disorders (as I like to term them, ED’s), that’s not license to continue engaging in the bad behaviors! I say that only because I’m working through my own ED issues and know the kind of insidious thinking that can go on... There may be Youtube videos with Cherry about her recovery, too.

Also, look up Chris Duffley: he was a crack baby, extremely premature, blind and autistic, but is, as a teen, now involved in Christian ministry; the young man has an awesome future, if he stays on the right path! He has his own website, which will tell you more about him, and you can listen to podcast interviews he does. I’m so excited to see where his life goes from here.

Sandra
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The Little Prince

---