[Faith-talk] {Spam?} The Purpose of This List

debby semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 13:45:08 UTC 2016

Perhaps we could start out fresh "telling about what kinds of ministries we are involved in. For instance, some of you teach Sunday school. Perhaps you could share with us where you get your materials, and how you selved any pro#ms that you had, or perhaps are looking for solutions. Some people sing in choirs. Some people preach. Perhaps some people are thinking about getting ingholved in new ways, and have questions about how they might do that. So I'll start.

Currently I sing in our church choir. I have not found a source for braille lyrics for many of the songs we sing, so my husband dictates them !me. I now have two huge notebooks with lyrics only. I never learned !read Braille music, and that's okay, because I can generY follow along until I have memorized the notes. I ges some materials for study and such from Xavier Society for the Blind, and have found a way !pray the Divine Office, which is divided inffvarious times of the day. This form of prayer has gone on since the 5th or 6th century, and probably before. Not all Catholics pray the Divine Office, but priests, and nuns and some others do. This form of prayer uses the Psalms and other Scriptures. Of course, we pray sfontaneously throughout the day as well. I use an app called Universalis, as it is porta and I can just pray using my phone. The one issue I have right now is trying !find a source for a book called The Rule of Saint Benedict. Someone is supposed to be helping me, but I have not heard from him in a while so I cay need to email him again. Well, I need !get ready to go to Mass, so take care and God bless.    Debby