[Faith-talk] The Purpose of This List

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 6 03:58:30 UTC 2016

Hi Linda,

First of  all, I think you do a fine job with the moderation of the lists.
Second, thanks for explaining the history and purpose of the list.
Third, please do not let a few people ruin it for everyone. Remember that
its only a few people who could not or would not follow the rules and I even
wrote to one lister telling  them to stop their blank messages.
As a list member who has been on and off
it for years, I've gained a lot about access to materials and resources and
just knowing stories of people's struggles helps me know I'm not alone.
I feel strongly that a list like this is needed.
We need a place to share ideas and yes even some bible knowledge and  this
seems to be okay as long as we are respectful.
There are still churches who do not treat people with disabilities equally
and those
who just minister to people with disabilities. I have struggled with access
to material, too. Growing up as a Methodist, I did get some sunday school
matterial in braille, but not everything. Also, I never felt a as a full
participant in sunday school because of the visual activities on worksheets
and even in bible school that was the case. I have some vision so I did do
the coloring but some activity sheets or crafts were too visual.
Anyways, I am just saying this as a personal story and to remind you and
everyone that we still have serious issues of inclusion and access to
materials.

So, we need such a list.

Thanks.

Ashley