[Faith-talk] Just One

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sat Sep 10 16:22:53 UTC 2016

Hello to all my readers out there.  Hope your day is going well as you
read this message, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

The author of this poem is just given as "Author Unknown," but
obviously he/she knows who they are, otherwise this poem would not have
been written.  I suppose the author's name was kept a secret so as to
draw attention to what this particular person wrote, rather than the
name.  At any rate it spoke volumes to me when I first read it, and I
hope and pray it will do the same for you.

One song can spark a moment,
One flower can wake the dream.
One tree can start a forest,
One bird can herald spring.

One smile begins a friendship,
One handclasp lifts a soul.
One star can guide a ship at sea,
One word can frame the goal.

One vote can change a nation,
One sunbeam lights a room.
One candle wipes out darkness,
One laugh will conquer gloom.

One step must start each journey,
One word must start each prayer.
One hope will raise each spirits,
One touch can show you care.

One voice can speak with wisdom,
One heart can know what's true.
One life can make the difference,
You see it's up to you!

And there yuo have it for today.  Do you remember a little while ago
that I spoke of a little six-month-old black girl named Kinley?
Apparently her memory is such that she remembered me from two weeks ago
because, when I sat down in the home of our hosts for the local
Christian singles Friday night get-together, I sat right next to her
and she instinctively reached out and took my hand in her two while
talking baby talk.  Of course I did the same.  So the line above where
it says that "one handclasp lifts a soul" was just the thing that we
both needed.  Call it a spontaneous symbiotic or serendipitous
relationship, but I'm so happy and glad that God has put us together,
if only for a brief period in our lives.  Folks, you just have to see
this little girl for yourself with all her medical problems etc.  I
mean, she just doesn't cry like normal kids her age, but maybe that's
just the way God formed and created her.

And now that's all for today.  Don't forget that, tomorrow in this
space will be the weekly Bible trivia game poem, then from the Old
Testament.  Until then may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just
keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in
which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul