[Faith-talk] A brief on 9-11 15th Anniversary and Pia Mikeal

Mostafa Almahdy mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 01:11:36 UTC 2016

Hello, this  essay is entitled to my traditional series of annually
commenting on 9-11 chronicle. I apologise if it came out slightly
belated this year. It is divided into topical segments.

Introduction

How far have we come since 9-11 attacks?

Each year and on 9-11 anniversary, I have something to say about what
happened on that day.

At its inception, Islamic juristic perspective on 9-11.

Please understand, that public demolition is strictly prohibited in Islam.

Shariah does not give consent to wage terrific  assaults to utterly
demolish public property, even if it is owned by combatant heathens.

Thence, attacking the Twin Towers and murdering dozens of innocents is
not backed by Shariah, it is completely unlawful and against its
principles.

In the case of waging  preemptive Jihad, you could attack a building
owned by the enemy if it was a place of guarding personnel or bearing
arms.

Second, motivation

The motivation is vastly controversial and anonymous. Americans claim
that members of a prominently radical network known as (Al-Qa'ida)
hijacked two U.S jets and crashed them into the Twin Tower buildings.

Muslims and Arabs in general claim it was an interior job, pointing
out to sort of conspiratorial notion. However, no one could ever claim
to have decisive indication of what happened on that day. Allah only
knows what happened on that day.

Consequences

Ex U.S president Bush waged war on terror. He invaded both of Iraq and
Afghanistan. If you want to know whether they prospered on their war
on terror, look at the situation of both countries now.

U.S  mass media outlook on Muslims after 9-11 incidents

Strangely, before any U.S official reports were released, hosts at
either NBC, CNN, PBS etc, commented that it was “an absolute terrorist
attack”, allegedly quoted Pentagon officials and CIA. Bush called it
“an apparent terrorist attack” in his first television show subsequent
to what happened. He surely could have not said otherwise because he
then had no evidence for deliberate assaults. Anyway, U.S media since
then launched what is best to describe as (Organised and slant portrat
of demonizing Islam and Muslims). This media campaign of organized
hate is perennial until this moment. I am still though, asking the
question that has not been honestly tackled until now. How a civil jet
could possibly fly into the Pentagon zone, crash into it and cause a
substantial damage without being instantly detected? I am not
questioning your intelligence, I am just wondering if you thought
through what were you told. Even the way how the two aircrafts crashed
into the World Trade  Centre is a bit inconsistent, it is rationally
unconvincing.

Proper conclusion
 The story is hard to believe. What happened was an attempt to
basically retaliate from U.S insistence to stand by and back Israel
and its tremendous atrocities against Palestinians. Whether the World
Trade Centre buildings or the Pentagon, they equally resemble a
symbolic gesture of American Capitalism. How could bunch of terrorists
according to U.S narrative coordinate such a critical hijack of civil
jets and purposely fly them into the World Trade Centre without being
caught by either air control or any type of detection. That is just a
bit odd to swallow. I do not need to argue about anything. I just want
to tell you something, I would like to see U.S Capitalism ruined but,
I would never approve or give credit to murdering innocent civilians.
I personally want to get rid of someone like Donald Trump, for
instance.  But, in my religion, it is perfectly forbidden for me to
shoot him unless he is explicitly armed to engage in actual fight. I
may not necessarily agree with your country but, I would not wish to
inflict harm  on people there. In this country, there are women,
children and seniors who by far, are not involved in this constantly
hostile disposal.

 One of my best friends in the States, Pia Mikeal

 I still commend and I pray for the blessing of my friendship with
notable people there. One of them is Pia Mikeal. Pia is devout,
respectful, educated and faithful. We have been texting for 5 years or
even more. We recently conversed and our conversation was enormously
beneficial.  Pia is not just a nice person to deal with. She is
indeed, a distant friend  and a person who is genuinely concerned
about you. We texted back and forth what was somewhat a scrutiny of
theological subjects. We intemperately disagreed but, our disagreement
gratefully led to mutual deference and appreciation. Pia and I
discussed different subjects and we even brainstormed the idea to
co-author one essay on faith in commonality. We have not agreed yet on
a particular subject but, we are about to determine what to write.
With this proposal, I want to practically prove my tendency to
sincerely reconcile with favourable masses, those who are not inclined
to hostile with us. We do not hate people for who they are or where
they come from. But, we naturally hate those who call us backward or
less than them. We naturally hate those who detestably, insist to
demonise us and to wrongfully label us with terrorism. This idea of
faith and commonality will make public attention  recognize one
particular fact, that “we all belong to Adam and Adam is from dust.
There is no superiority for Arab over western nor there is
superiority for white over black unless with piety”. This is a minor
paraphrase after translating what the prophet (peace and blessings be
upon him) preached to people in what is historically known as his
(Farewell Serman), the speech he delivered to people on( Mount Arafat)
during his single (Haj), a divinely prescribed pilgrimage to Mecca
once in lifetime. In this midst of disarray and uncertainty, people
are not sure who to trust. Everyone claims that he tells the truth. So
Allah bear witness, that my intention is to tell the truth. I never
despised someone for either his faith or race. I never derided or
ridiculed someone deliberately. Well if I did incidentally, I
unfeignedly repent from doing so. I respect Pia for who she is and I
mutually respect my friend Alison Mueller for who she is. I may write
about my friendship with Alison after I gain her permission. Finally
and before closing this, I was advised to start a blog and post there.
Well to truly be fair, I do not know how to start a blog. Please, can
anyone send me guiding tips for that? Thank you for reading, peace be
with you.

Mostafa

--
(Seeking knowledge is compulsory from cratle to grave because it is a
shoreless ocean.)