[Faith-talk] {Spam?} RE: Quotes for Monday, September 12, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Thu Sep 15 09:50:02 UTC 2016

Truer words were never spoken.  When I moved here about 45 years ago,
when I joined a Catholic church I asked the director of our folk group
if I could join them playing my alto sax.  Now you might not think that
a sax would go well with a bunch of guitarists and singers, but
amazingly it harmonized very well.

In 1986 when I joined my second church within walking distance, I had
to weight eight years before the congregation and ministerial people
realized that my sax playing would add immeasurably to the music
program.  So, beginning in 1994 I was a Sunday regular in my church.

When the church closed down due to deaths and people moving I joined my
Calvary Chapel congregation and, although my musical playing was very
little, people liked the way I read the Bible, so several times a year
I have been asked to read God's Word, a short passage of my choosing.

Sometimes, even though the church authorities know what you are able to
do, it may take patience before you are asked to participate in church
activities.  I know, it's easier said than done, but believe me it's
worth the wait, as I learned from personal experience as a fellow blind
person.  Other than my giving my testimony this weekend at the Calvary
Chapel men's Bible conference in Middleburg VA, I don't know what the
Lord has for me, but will report on the activities I can participate in
as a blind person.  Paul