[Faith-talk] Weekly Bible Trivia Game Poem for Sunday, September 18, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sun Sep 18 17:03:39 UTC 2016

Hello to all my fellow saints of the Most High God and astute Bible
students.  Hope that your day is going well, by God's matchless grace
and His providential care.

We have a new person on our list, so I'd like to briefly tell him how
this game works.  Scott, every week I post a Bible trivia game poem,
one week from the Old Testament and one from the New Testament.  Your
job is to try and tell me from what book and chapter a relevant poem is
based on.  I hope you got that, buddy.

This week's poem is from the New Testament, and even after the first
line if I hadn't read it previously I'd get it right off.  But let's
see how well you fare with it.

Christ importunes to the Father, in prayer,
Choosing His followers' burdens, to bear,
Pleads for the future of those He did teach,
Also the ones His disciples will reach.

And there you have it for this week.  Incidentally, during the free
time on Saturday at our Calvary Chapel men's Bible conference, I had an
opportunity to "corral" some of the guys who were very interested in
doing this Bible trivia game activity.  One of them even went online
and found the following on these poems:

They are all taken from a book entitled "The Bible In Verse" by Alvy E.
Ford, copyright 1955 and available from
http://www.amazon.com.
The blurb didn't state that he was blind, but in a 1965 interview with
the late C.G. Cross of the then Christian Record Braille Foundation, he
mentioned this fact.  Obviously it's available in print only.  Just
thought you good people would want to know this info, in case you'd
like to order it and thus become smarter than I am.

And that will do it for this week.  Until next Sunday when, Lord
willing another weekly Bible trivia game poem will be posted, then from
the Old Testament, may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us
safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we
live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul