[Faith-talk] 9/23/16 Quotes and a Cordial Invitation For Those Interested In Place of News Tidbits

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Fri Sep 23 09:57:19 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to you on this last day of the workweek, for those
of us who are gainfully employed.  I hope that you and the rest of us
will have, are having or had a good day today, by God's matchless grace
and His providential care.

Here are your two quotes today for your consideration, pondering and
reflection.

You can live on top when the bottom's falling out.

Time is not a healer.  Time is a revealer of how God heals.  Ravi
Zacharias (quote compiler's comment:  I heard him say this on one of
his radio programs, "Just Thinking," and I thought it so profound that
I added it to the collection).

And there you have the quotes, but for those interested here is the
cordial invitation.

Barring any last-minute changes made by the director of the Radio
Reading Network of Maryland, the undersigned will be doing his show
from 9-10 AM eastern time this morning.  This translates to 13-14 hours
UTC for those of you outside North America.  The contribution which
will take up the majority of the hour will be a reading of a short
mystery story by Agatha Christie entitled "Sanctuary," in which a dead
man's body is found on the chancel steps of a church in a rural English
village.  Beyond that I'll be reading some of the articles that I've
posted previously in emails which you all have read if there's time,
but don't forget that there will be listeners who don't have computer
access locally who haven't heard them.

If you would want to hear the show on the Internet, point your browser to
http://www.radioreadingnetwork.org
and click on where it says "listeners" (without the quote marks), and
hopefully things will go well.  I also hope that there aren't any
last-minute changes to the schedule.  Am looking for any kind of
feedback, whether pro or con, as constructive criticism for anyone can
improve his performance, whether in what I do or in any other
situation.  Thanks for tuning in and commenting.

And that will do for today.  Until later on in this space when, Lord
willing tasty apple recipes will be posted, I am your obedient servant
of the One who lived an earthly existence, died to pay for your sins
and mine, and now lives forever to bring us His salvation and peace,
Oil of Gladness.