[Faith-talk] 9/24/16 Quotes, and Something That Has Been Laying On My Heart for a Long time

Chad Nelson wi9hf at att.net
Mon Sep 26 11:17:51 UTC 2016

Hi Paul,

My name is Chad, Ericka's boyfriend. I think this project is a great idea. I
was talking to her yesterday after I had a small issue with one of the
ladies wanting to pour coffee for me. I will talk more about this a bit
later. I told Ericka what happened and I came up with the idea of this
project to help educate people about blindness.

I have had people in this church talk to Ericka about stuff they should ask
me. For example, a month or so ago, we had came in the building, and my old
pair of shoes never stayed tied because one lace was to short. There were
two ladies and one guy, and one lady asked Ericka, "does he know his shoe is
untied"? Ericka, "I don't know, ask him". I was holding the door open for
everyone there who was discussing my shoe laces, I said "I am holding the
door, can you please just walk through. The guy who was with these two
ladies proceeds to ask me "Do you want me to tie your shoe for you"? I was
thinking a lot of responses, but I just smiled and said "no thanks I am
perfectly capable".

But, anyway I will send a video of this project that I will have someone
record for us. I hope this video can be used throughout the country to
educate people how to interact with blind people.

And, Paul, I read your other message about you having some problems and felt
your frustration. If you would like to pass along your phone number, I am
happy to call you and try to help.

Thanks my brother.

God Bless.

Chad