[Faith-talk] Autumn

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Wed Sep 28 17:47:20 UTC 2016

Yes, this little poem has only one word to its title, but I hope that
you will receive a blessing from it, albeit without an author's name.

Autumn is a quiet time
Of soft and mellow days;
When sunshine spills its golden beams
Over fields of corn and maize.

Trembling leaves upon the trees
Are slowly turning brown
And, in the wind are tossed and turned
As they come tumbling down.

The morning mist of silver grey
Which shrouds things from our view
Decorates the spiders' webs
With beads of pearly dew.

Boughs are laden down with fruit
In orchard and in fields
It's apple picking time again
To gather nature's yield.

The swallows are departing
To warmer lands once more;
And squirrels are now hoarding nuts
To build their winter store.

There's color splashed across the land
At this time of the year;
Where all is touched with burnished gold
A harvest time is here.

Well folks, I hope that reading, pondering and meditating on what you
just read was a blessing and maybe a pleasant memory for you.  Until
tomorrow at around this time and in this space when, Lord willing
another such piece of literature will be posted, may the God of
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and
collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian
friend and brother, Paul