[Faith-talk] clarification--about independent living centers

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 21:40:55 UTC 2017

You are completely right Sandra! We have several in the state of Wisconsin. I'm thinking it might be time to contact a Organization called disability rights. I don't know if it is call disability rights Illinois or not, but I know that every state has one of these organizations. They aren't independent living centers but it may help her work with the state agency to get help. They have lawyers and do advocacy for free. They may be able to locate the Independent living Center closest to her. I know that Rockford has the sight and hearing center but it is not an ILC I don't think as much as an assessment and training center. I'm not sure if she has contacted them.

I'll talk to her today yet. The drastic change in weather from lower seven days to high 80s got the best of both of us. I got a text from her today saying so. All in all she's chipper as usual and doing pretty darn well.

Ericka Short
 from my iPhone 6+