[Faith-talk] all around

Marianne Haas advocate at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 18 00:29:21 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,
There is one thing I do which we may agree on.  I am praying to God to guide
the President of this Country and give him wisdom and tools to do his job.

I did hear President Trump denounce the Neonazis, KKK and other groups. I
live in Berkeley and therefore see a lot of violence on the left.  A video
shows an old woman being hit on the head with an American flag.  I also read
on a leftist website how some people walked around with "make America Great"
hats.  They were just walking around.  Some people in black masks, which
the so called Antifa movement wears, threatened the hat people with knives.
The  people with the hats had to call the police to escort them to their
cars.  The leftist website said how proud they were to chase the so called
right wingers away.  What would Martin Luther King say to that?  He also
faced extreme racism, but preached nonviolence.  I strongly condemn what
happened to this poor young woman, who was killed.  I also equally condemn
the four Afro American Males who beat and tortured a developmentally delayed
boy in Chicago.  I also condemn the person who shot the Republican
Congressman at the baseball practice.

I never voted for Trump.  However, I have talked to Trump supporters, who
were just regular people, like me.  The people I met uphore Fashism and
Racism.  I also talked to many Sanders supporters.

I, for my part, would love to work with everyone to really create something
better.

With Love,

Marianne