[Faith-talk] multiple points

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 18:39:05 UTC 2017

Ericka, that’s crushing! Is there an individual ILC she can try getting services through—the councils are less-personable, because not local and are built out of all the ILC’s, therefore not as knowledgeable about what’s locally available. Still, I was pretty hacked at their response to Jenny.

Linda, I forget exactly what stat I heard yesterday, but in certain countries, Down’s has about been “eradicated”, because... you guessed it... women are aborting most of the Down’s kids. We hear so much talk against Nazism (which we should, don’t get me wrong), but the left is also espousing a lot that the Nazis stood for—e.g., eugenics. If I were not in Christ, I would remark on how scary a time it is generally—and I sometimes still do! The reason I am not more afraid than could be possible is that these are all signs of His impending return, though we don’t know the specifics. And, it is so true—churches have become so distant from acts of service, they don’t know how to help; nor do they have the money to help on a huge scale (except, maybe the mega-churches do; in which case, it’s inexcusable that they don’t use that money for practical ways to love and serve others). It makes me want to delve into church history and find out how this all began—and not just this, but other developments, as well. I’m aware that a lot of it, particularly here in New England, began with the so-called “enlightenment” back in the early/mid-1800’s; you know what I call the Enlightenment? “En-darken-ment”, ha, ha! Some good came out of it, but a lot went wrong, too.

So true, that we were not electing a pastor when we voted—although Trump certainly is not one, he offered so much that others didn’t, toward setting this ship right. BTW, off-list, I’d love to discuss more in-depth the signs of the times.
for starters, is America still going to exist, close to the time of Christ’s return?

Sandra

One can never consent to creep, when one feels an impulse to soar.
(Helen Keller)

---