[Faith-talk] Another leg of the journey for Jenni

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 19:51:32 UTC 2017

Yeah I know it was incredibly horrifying to me! You would think they would at least give her the phone number for her local independent living center and let them answer her questions. I feel the same way-I just want to call and chew their butts out. I know Illinois is in deep financial crisis, but it doesn't cost them anything to give her the phone number for Catholic charities and other nonprofit, non-state run places that might help. Our state calls those centers aging and disability resource centers. They do some visiting of people in their homes to check on eligibility for some programs, but mainly their job is to answer the phone and send people resources for their situation in the most usable format. Most of the time I just emailed them and they respond back. I just don't understand Illinois!

Ericka Short
 from my iPhone 6+