[Faith-talk] Who Is Israel?

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Tue Aug 22 22:41:01 UTC 2017

This week's Hebrew Nugget: Who is Israel?

The question in the title above is one of the most controversial
and misunderstood issues in the Body of Messiah today.  I believe
that the LORD wants every Believer to know the correct answer,
which is why He inspired the Apostle Saul (Paul) to address the
issue in Romans 11 and Ephesians 2.  I also believe that the way
every Christian thinks, lives, prays, and shares the Gospel with
unbelievers, must be based on a correct understanding of Who is
Israel.  This is why He has had me teach Christians in the
nations from Romans 11 and Ephesians 2 for the last 15 years.  So
let us look at the question and what I believe is the answer in
this week's Nugget.

There are 5 Israel's that I have found in the Bible ....  1/ the
land of Israel     2/ Jacob who became Israel         3/ The 12
tribes of Israel      4/ born again Jews and former Gentiles who
are grafted into the Olive Tree (Israel) as we read in Romans
11:17 and who are now no longer aliens or foreigners, but have
become fellow citizens (Ephesians 2:19)           and 5/  The
Kingdom of God that is about to be re-established in Jerusalem,
when all of the words of the Prophets are fulfilled (Acts 3:21)

Speaking historically of the past and prophetically for the
future, Israel and what we call 'The Church' were one and the
same.  For the first several decades of the faith, there was no
'Church', just Jews who accepted Yeshua as the promised Messiah
of Israel.  The Jewish apostles were sent out to share the Good
News with the Jews and non Jews in the nations, and those non
Jews who accepted Yeshua were grafted into the Olive Tree
(Israel), to become fellow citizens with the Old Covenant
faithful  and with the Jews who now believed in Yeshua.  And in
the near future, when Yeshua returns, all of our divisions and
denominations will disappear, and all Believers will simply be a
part of the Kingdom of God, which will be the same entity as the
fully restored Israel.

Therefore the correct answer to the question Who is Israel is
that anyone and everyone who is in a blood sealed (Yeshua's
blood) covenant relationship with the GOD of ISRAEL, is a member
of the commonwealth of Israel - an Israelite.  However that does
not mean you become a Jew.  You have to have the right DNA to be
Jewish.

We are surely living in the Last Days and thus I believe that it
is imperative that every New Covenant Believer knows and
understands what I have explained above.  Please share this with
as many people as possible.

The LORD bless you and keep you as you seek Biblical truth and
incorporate it into your spiritual life

Shalom .....  David & Josie