[Faith-talk] Not necessary

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 1 01:48:56 UTC 2017

Linda did not send any reprimand message out to the list.
She might have sent one privately to Jenny.

Debby, list moderators send warning messages off lists to people when they
break the rules. Jenny said something on list that called attention to what
happened off list. Jenny is the one who sent this message called "not
necessary".

Messages about behavior are often private.
I know because I've gotten some myself for other lists.
If a list member sends out messages with inappropriate language,
action is taken. That has happened on other lists I've been on as well
through   NFB.
There is a list member who says bad language sometimes on the nabs-l list
and then
is publicly warned to watch their language. They may be privately warned as
well, but I don't know because I do not know what private messages they get.

Debby, this is not just a faith talk thing. I've seen the same things on
other NFB lists.
Civility and not cluttering lists with repetetive messages is critically
important to running a NFB list where volunteers moderate multiple lists.
There are many lists  on the NFB server and they all have to be run
smoothly.
Are you aware Linda moderates two lists? She is not paid for it and has to
read and sift through all messages to ensure no one is flamed and that lists
run smoothly.
I am very thankful we have so many volunteers out there. Without volunteers,
we would not have the benefit of so many NFB lists; there are over a hundred
of them. It is because volunteers care to connect people who share common
interests that they volunteer to head up lists.

I know Linda was a bit hurt, but I think things have calmed down and she did
appologize for her part in any offense taken as well.

So, now we can move forward. Just my two sents.

Ashley