[Faith-talk] welcome back!

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 22:20:51 UTC 2017

Welcome back, Jenny—we missed you, and I’m glad you found your way back!\
\
We had a new organist yesterday who is soon to start on a trial basis with us for six months, but I really enjoyed her—she brought a lot of life to the songs. I will miss our previous music dir., who recently moved, because she, too, was a real asset—kicked me out of the nest re doing solos; before her, I could count on one hand the amount of solos I had done from my teens; now, I have to use two hands! But judging from the new one’s work yesterday, I expect good things. Still not in love with a lot of the northern Methodist doctrines, but until I’m booted out of there by God and He shows me where next to go, I will stand by on prayer duty, for (particularly northern) Methodism to come back to its roots, since that’s one reason I feel I was led to my current church. As I’ve said before, with ever more church experience under my belt, I find that I am very, very hard to fit, and it’' gets harder the more I refine my theology and choice of style of worship!

Sandra

Not “Revelation” – tis – that waits
But our unfurnished eyes –
(Emily Dickinson)