[Faith-talk] Link I mentioned

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 19:05:08 UTC 2017

David I haven't read the article yet. One thing I can say about communion is that in everyone's Bible it says that we are to do it every time we gather to remember him. This is why it bothers me with a lot of congregations that don't do communion every.  I personally feel connected to him every day of the week, every moment just as you. However having communion every Sunday feels like a hot thirsty day when you get that cold glass of water and you feel refreshed and reenergized for the next activity. It's hard to explain. All I can say is it is a different kind of connection and it's a very spiritual connection. I am not ashamed to talk or share about my faith with anyone out on the street either, but there's just something special about being rejuvenated at the rail with the rest of his family in presence doing the same. I am not watching everyone else but I am in the moment. I think this is what Jenni is referring to as reverence.  You have your quiet time with God and that's important too. But this is a very different thing. Lutherans do not believe it is the blood and body literally, but we do have communion every Sunday. I could not go back to a congregation that did not believe communion should be every Sunday.  I can see your point about how rituals do nothing for you and no they are not necessary in my book either. But watch how you say things because it sounds like we who appreciate any kind of ritual are wrong. Your quiet time is a ritual as well as many other things.

Ericka Short