[Faith-talk] some points about sharing

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 16:03:46 UTC 2017

First, to Brandon and others, I join in the apologies for being rather egocentric about matters of faith, though I try so hard not to be. But, a question (rhetorical) for those of us who’ve been guilty: If we spend all our time in insulated little “Christian boxes,” are we not missing out on the rich sharing that can happen when we include those who don’t necessarily see eye to eye with us? Maybe it’s my nearly-UCC background, but I’ve never been one of those Protestants who are anti-Catholic, and have had a real problem with the views those who hold a much harder line. I also believe there can be little nuggets to give us insight, from faiths that are not even Christian. Even St. Paul used the secular or pagan references of his day as a jumping-off point, whenever he reached out to those who were believers-to-be.

As to dropping the subject—I’m with those who know that it does take time to heal, and someone like me could have held back while they were taking all the previous posts in, and are only just now organizing their thoughts enough to enter into the discussion. Aspergers offers many challenges to me, in this vein—I’m often still getting my stuff together when the conversation has moved to other things. And, since there’s a subset of blind folks who have Aspergers, we need to consider that when deciding whether or not to move on—that, in itself, is even a part of the communities-of-faith div.’s mission.

Okay, ‘nuff said. I have to finish messages before going out to coffee with my pastor, but hope everyone’s day is shaping up to be a blessed one.

Tootles,
Sandra

Not “Revelation” – tis – that waits
But our unfurnished eyes –