[Faith-talk] Ericka, Your Blog Post

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 20:27:41 UTC 2017

You are very welcome Linda!  In my Lutheran Church in Kenosha they started what they called a shepherd program. New people they came into the congregation had a mentor who encourage them to attend special events, hope the meet people and just get to know the new members. They tried to do it so that people with kids were paired with a family and so on. I think that is a new phenomenon. I think it's wonderful. I never got the opportunity to be a shepherd to somebody but I sure love the idea.

My church growing up with Mrs. Springer being there for us kids was very special. She was ahead of her time in many ways! We didn't have a youth group then so the only thing we had was her. I am very grateful because I probably would have left church completely after confirmation in eighth grade if it weren't for her.

Ericka Short