[Faith-talk] The Sacrament of Baptism

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Thu Jun 29 17:50:31 UTC 2017

Good afternoon All,

I was baptized three times: first in the hospital after I was
born; second as an infant in the Lutheran Church in which I was
raised; and third as an adult by emersion, that I might join the
Baptist Church of which I wanted to be a member.  Infant baptism
by sprinkling is not Biblical, and that is why it is not done in
the Baptist Church.  Baptism is not a requirement for salvation,
it is a public confession of that salvation, as I found out when
reading my Bible after God chose me to be His child.  In the
Bible, only adults are baptized, and that by emersion as Christ
was by John the Baptist.  Before salvation at the age of 21, I
thought I was a Christian because I was baptized as an infant by
sprinkling, and was confirmed in the ninth grade.  I was shown
differently by my aunt's sister, with the help of the Holy
Spirit.  Saying yes to God was the best yes I've ever said!

Blessings,

Linda