[Faith-talk] The Bible Literally

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Mon May 15 12:24:31 UTC 2017

Hi Sarah,

Of course I don't believe we should stone people.  New Testament
Christians are not under law, but under grace.  Please don't
over-react to what I say.  I wasn't trying to put words in your
mouth, and I'm not going to argue points with you.  Scripture
comments on Scripture, and we need to take it as a whole.

I'm not judging, and you shouldn't either.  Every time I say
something about my beliefs, you come back with statements that
insinuate that I come at things from the wrong perspective.  I'm
not where you are, and I don't deal with the people you deal
with.  So many people have negative church experiences, and I
only share mine here to be an encouragement, not to hold it up as
better or worse.  I agree that things were much different when
the Bible was written, but basically humans were the same for the
same sin nature and the same need for a Saviour.

Nowadays people leave out things like the shed blood of Christ as
part of their beliefs, saying its disgusting or whatever.  I
could give many examples of things that many who call thems
Christians disregard.  This is not the place for that, and I
don't have time right now, as I need to get ready for work.

I don't want David Andrews to shut down this list because we
can't get along.  As long as we are living on this earth, there
will be differences in living standards, poverty, sickness,
blindness, sadness, happiness, immorality, and such like.  God
has placed each of us where He has so that we may grow in our
relationship with Him and minister to others around us.  Please
don't slam me because I'm a conservative, fundamental believer.

Have a great day in the Lord!

Blessings,

Linda