[Faith-talk] Ridiculous!

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Fri May 19 03:08:33 UTC 2017

Hi Sarah,

Why do you always take issue with me, and pick apart what I say?
I wasn't being disrespectful.  I am not aware of any churches who
hold to the doctrine or view that disabled people can't be
ministers, so I wasn't knowingly being disrespectful.  By the
word "minister" I was not only talking about being a pastor, but
being allowed to participate in other ministries within the
church that blind people attend, such as lay reader, choir
member, prayer chain chairman or participant, choir director,
pianist or organist, deacon or deaconess, elder, committee
member, etc.  We are all called by God to be ministers, bmany
leaders base their decisions more on the disability than on the
person's spiritual and personal gifts.  I was sure I was very
clear, so I don't know why you found my post difficult to read!
I'm sorry if I don't say what you think I should in the way you
think I should say it, but I do the best I can.  If I should not
post, then I'll go back to be a lurking moderator!

Blessings,

Linda ----- Original Message -----