[Faith-talk] relationship issues

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 21:29:09 UTC 2017

I’m sure that part of the reason church people are so over-zealous to pray for our physical healing is that they don’t understand that blindness itself is most often not the real obstacle: people’s negative attitudes toward blindness often is. they haven’t stopped to recognize that, at least in part, it’s the ignorance and misconceptions about blindness that keep us out of jobs, for instance. I heard a really interesting story from Joni on a broadcast the other day that I wish more could hear: She had been wrestling with certain things she could not overcome, and was at the end of her rope, and asked God to intervene. Well, three months later was when she had the diving accident that rendered her a quad. While understandably bitter at first, with time, she recognized that that accident was pivotal in bringing her to the deeper relationship with God that she wanted, unobstructed by her pet sins. She now thanks God for His wisdom in allowing it. Maybe it sounds cruel, but—if I were to become fully-sighted but not have the character God wants for me—then, I’d rather be blind and at least striving for spiritual growth and the character He wants me to develop.

Sandra

Not “Revelation” – tis – that waits
But our unfurnished eyes –
(Emily Dickinson)