[Faith-talk] My Story

Nick Hlifka n.hlifka at hotmail.com
Sun May 28 00:29:43 UTC 2017

Sandra and all:

Thanks for the warm welcomes! Yes, I am a college student (will be a senior this year, I'm 20) and attending aa (secular) liberal arts school for Philosophy and Religious Studies.  I have been a Christian for about 2 years.  I can relate in the "not liberal but not the typical conservative Christian" description; I am a biblical unitarian, meaning I believe in the one God the Father and His human Son and Messiah Jesus Christ.  This is not a denial of Jesus as the one way to salvation, but rather a belief that the Bible teachings are better understood that God is strictly Yahweh (not a Trinity) and that Jesus was fully and merely a man.  As you can imagine, this doesn't make a particular place within the faith to call "home" easy to find.  I'm alternating back and forth between pursuing ministry and teaching philosophy.  We will see where God leads on that.

Sandra, yes, Bookshare offers plenty of perspectives on there.  As well as other religions as well.  I guess they don't have "The Message" or anything like that on there from what I see, but there is plenty of good material nevertheless.  I'm a big fan of blogs, podcasts, etc.  which are usually accessible.  I also use an iPhone and my Braille Note as the display for it, and through this pairing you are able to use the Kindle app fairly nicely.  So I'll often buy books on there and read them as well.

It's so very great to see such a high amount of traffic on this list! I had no idea it existed until the other morning when I was doing some poking around.  You are all a great group!

Blessings,
Nick