[Faith-Talk] faith and nfb philosophy

Patrick Gormley kk3fradio at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 18:33:58 UTC 2018

For me nfb philosophy and my beliefs are in complet harmony with one
another.  The Catholic catechism states we are made in the image and
likeness of God and so therefore In fact, Tom Bickford made a profound
statement a number of years ago that the nfb is and has been using the agape
principle since its founding in 1940.  In fact, I was one one of the movers
and shakers that found the communities of faith group which later became the
division known as the national association of the blind in communities of
faith.  When I found out that a blind person was being admission to a
seminary solely on the basis of blindness I got spurred into action.  I
believe he's now gotten his degree and is now ministering as a united
Methodist minister.  In fact one of our bolottin award winners did some
really exciting work in translating some Aramaic writings directly into
Duxbury.