[Faith-Talk] getting involved in church

wesley.burden2 at verizon.net wesley.burden2 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 4 14:21:03 UTC 2018

I will definitely keep you in prayer that you can get involved.  It's very
sad that the church who is suppose to be a warm place to visit sometimes
treats the blind as a cherity case.  Glad I don't have that issue anymore.
I went to a church because of my blindness thought I couldn't do anything.
Here is the line the church use to instead of telling me they were
interested in letting me participate in church activities like serving on
committees and the list goes on.  Every time I would ask to get involved
with someone the church would say well we are still praying about it.  That
was their nice way of saying to me not interested in having me serve
anywhere.  So I brought it up one time and confronted the church and ask
them the question is that I am blind is the reason why you don't want me
participating in anything?  They said we are still praying about it.  So my
answer is I am still praying if I am to find a new church as well and
eventually I did leave that church that wouldn't allow me to participate in
activities associated with the church and now I am back at my home church
where I was born and raised. And love it.