[Faith-Talk] do the writings of the old testament alienate the disabled

Patrick Gormley kk3fradio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 14:30:02 UTC 2019

Absolutely they do because the hebrew culture looked on some blind or in any
disabled as some sort of punnishment for sin.  However, we can't change the
writings of the old Testament because what has been written has been written
and we can't nor should we rewrite history.  A good book on the subject was
written by the late Dr. Elizabeth Brown called the Disable Disciple.  It's
avaiable from the Xavier Societhy and Learning Ally.