[Faith-Talk] Food for Thought: Is There Still a Need for SpecializedBibles

sarah at sarahblakelarose.com sarah at sarahblakelarose.com
Sun May 28 01:48:19 UTC 2023

Hi Tina.
I have for some time asked whether we need specialized audio distributors.
The commentary that I receive in general is that audio materials are
expensive. I am not sure this is a relevant argument since poor sighted
people also must pay for books and by the argument of impoverishment there
is a world of people who has much less access to books than we have had for
well over a hundred years.
Having said this, I think there are older people who lose their sight and
find it challenging to learn the skills needed to access books on IOS
devices. Do they have the ability to use other types of audio Bibles,
specialized or not? With the decline in distribution of CDs, might it be
that our audio publishers might distribute these formats?

Sarah Blake LaRose, D.Min.
sarah at sarahblakelarose.com
http://www.sarahblakelarose.com