[Flagdu] welcome to the list

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 3 11:54:53 UTC 2009

Nicki,
    Welcome to the FLAGDU list! This is Marion Gwizdala. I am the president
of the East Hillsborough Chapter and also serve the National Association of
Guide Dog Users as President.
    When people ask me about which school is the "best", I tell them I
cannot make that decision for them. However, I do tell them they need to
consider two major points when making their decision. The first is whether
or not the school gives full ownership upon graduation and whether this
ownership is with no strings attached. If you look at GEB using these
criteria, they fall very short. Not only do they not give you ownership,
they require annual reports from your vet throughout the life of the dog,
even after it retires! HTH!

Fraternally,
Marion

only