[Flagdu] It is with great sadness...

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Fri Jun 12 20:15:06 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I realize this isn't a very large group, and most of us have received this
post from Merry on the NFbf list.  But as FLAGDU's President, I wanted to
write to say how much our small but active and enthusiastic group of guide
dog users, part of the NfB family, cared about our newly reelected FLAGDU
treasurer Dave Anspach.  Though he was unable to attend our meeting, he
emailed me the treasurer's report, and sent me the check which FLAGDU
presented to John Pare our national rep.  Those of you who attended the
meeting will recall this.  Dave  was very busy working as    a trainer for
Freedom Scientific, serving as the President of the Pinellas chapter of the
NfBF.  He was nevertheless willing to take on the responsibilities of being
the FLAGDU treasurer, even though it was difficult for him to get to the
bank where we opened the account.

Dave had a retired Labrador guide at home, along with his current guide, a
GSD named Maddox from Leader.

I think all will agree that we should honor Dave and Maddox by the good work
we do in our FLAGDU division during this upcoming year.

Dave, we will miss you, but your spirit will be in our hearts as we strive
to do the very best we can on behalf of guide dog users throughout Florida.

Sherrill