[Flagdu] Legislative Consideration

Patricia A. Lipovsky plipovsky at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jan 17 16:25:31 UTC 2010

Hi All.

Since this problem,  unfortunately, seems to be occurring with increasing frequency, and, since the safety of not only service animal users but Para transit drivers etc. are being put in jeopardy by this, I would be in total agreement to a criminal penalty for
those who pass their pets off as service animals to gain access to any public place, vehicle, etc.

I also think, for the "non user"  of service animals, there should be a clear definition of what a service animal does, concerning their tasks they are trained to perform.
These should be tasks that mitigate a disability, obviously, things a person can not do.  .  The dog relaxes me, keeps me calm, etc., are not tasks. Dogs picking up items, opening/closing doors, pulling wheelchair, acting as a brace or stabilizer for the person, responding to sounds, those
are tasks that define a service animal.

Just my opinion, take it for what it is worth.

***"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't_ you're right."
Have a great day, and Keep Smiling