[Flagdu] Legislative Consideration

Jody W. Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Sun Jan 17 21:48:15 UTC 2010

I would go one step further.  I would hold the physicians responsible for
signing a letter that states that a pet is an emotional support or companion
animal without knowing the animal involved.

My guide dog was attacked by an 'emotional support dog' at the Baltimore
airport while waiting for a flight. The owner was trying to avoid having her
pug transported in cargo so she got a letter from her doctor saying the dog
was an emotional support dog.  She let the dog out of it's carrier and it
ran snarling and bit my guide dog.  Orsa was so well behaved.  she didn't
bite back, she just stood there growling like she was saying 'get this darn
thing off my neck'.  The airline personnel was great and the owner of the
pug got in trouble.  Everyone fussed over Orsa.  In hind sight I should have
gotten the lady's name and gotten proof of vaccinations etc.  Orsa was not
hurt and since everyone fussed and praised her she didn't seem bothered by
it.

JODY