[Flagdu] FW: [nagdu] Blind Brockton woman says Seeing Eye dog not allowed intorestaurant

Jody W. Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Sun Jun 13 19:52:34 UTC 2010

Hello Marion,

That was a fantastic post!

I agree with your point of not calling ahead.  Do people in wheel chairs
call ahead or people who use walkers?  NO they don't.

When I make a call ahead call to Longhorn I ask for a booth but I don't say
why I prefer one.  Of course everyone at Longhorn loves my dog and it
wouldn't be a problem.  <GRIN>

Same is true when we make hotel reservations.  I just walk in with my dog
like I have every right for her to be there and that is usually the response
I get.  We checked in to a hotel in Atlanta a few months ago and the guy
behind the counter said no pets.  All I had to say was she wasn't a pet and
that was it.  He didn't push it.

I did have an interesting event at a convenience store owned by a Pakistani.
He said "no dogs" and I said she was a service animal.  He let us in and
then followed us around the store with a mop.  I had to walk in a different
direction out of the store because he was blocking our way which meant he
just had more floor to mop.  Oh well.

JODY