[Flagdu] information and invitation for upcoming flagdu seminar

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Fri Jan 10 02:59:37 UTC 2014

Hello to all,

I realize you may receive this email more than once, but I want to be
certain no one is missed.

As the president of our Florida Association of Guide Dog Users division, and
on behalf of our Board, I am extending an invitation to you to attend our
annual FLAGDU seminar. It will of course be held in conjunction with our
NFBF state convention in Daytona Beach.

Our seminar will be held on Saturday, January 18, from 3 till 4:55pm, at the
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center, in Tides Ballroom B.

As in past years, our speakers will be dynamic and very informative. FLAGDU
Board member Kathy Davis procured our featured speaker, DVM Mark Salzburg of
Salzburg Animal Hospital, where she has taken all five of her guide dogs!
Dr. Salzberg has been in practice for over 25 years. Of course he will
welcome your questions.

FLAGDU's business meeting will follow. Our elections this year are for
president, secretary, and two board positions.

NAGDU's  president, and our own FLAGDU member Marion Gwizdala will lend his
expertise to an interactive program. If you're longing for a better
airport/airplane experience for you and your dog, join us and get great
advice, and give Marion your suggestions. He has been asked by the Federal
Aviation Administration to give input on what those who travel with guide
dogs consider important/essential  to have as part of an airport relief
area. So here's your opportunity to have your     ideas heard and passed
along to those who can make them a reality.

Dues are still five dollars, and remember that those dues make you a member
of both our Florida guide dog users division, and also the National
Association of Guide Dog users...two for the price of one (smile.) As an
incentive to pay your dues  prior to the meeting, we will hold drawings for
three door prizes of twenty-five, fifteen and ten dollars, entering only the
names of those who pay by 1pm on Saturday, two hours before our seminar. We
want to make it easy for you, so we will have a table very close to where
the NFBF registration will be held. We will be available to receive dues at
the same time that the regular registration will be taking place, which
means Friday from 4:30 till 6:30, and Saturday, 8:00 till 8:50, and from
noon till 1:00. If you have not payed by the cut-off time, you are welcome
to attend our meeting, but you will not be eligible to participate in the
elections. Anyone wishing to pay their dues may then do so following the
meeting. There will of course be door prizes drawn throughout the meeting
for goodies for our dogs. We are holding our annual 50/50 fund raiser, but
this year it will be open to all convention attendees, and the drawing will
be held at the banquet. You will need to be present to win. Tickets will be
a dollar apiece, six for five dollars, 13 for ten dollars, and, the best
bargain of them all...30 for twenty dollars!! You can simply drop by our
table and purchase your tickets when you are registering for the convention,
when you pay your dues, and BEFORE or AFTER the FLAGDU MEETING.

If you will not be attending the state convention but wish to join or renew
your FLAGDU membership, please send your check of five dollars for each
person in your family who wishes to join, to our treasurer Tom Bellone. It
should be made payable to FLAGDU,   with "2014 dues" in the memo line.
Please send the check to the following address:

Mr. Tom Bellone
PO Box 350777
Palm Coast, FL 32135

Please share this email with anyone you know who is not on these lists. And
if you know someone who may be attending the convention for the first time,
who is either a guide dog user, or interested in learning more about guide
dogs, please invite them to come with you to our seminar!

If you have questions, comments or suggestions, please share them with all
of us;, especially those on the FLAGDU list,  or write to me at
sherrill;.obrien at verizon.net.

I look forward to seeing many of you at the convention, and hope you will
join us at the FLAGDU seminar!

Warm regards

Sherrill O'Brien, President

Florida Association of Guide Dog Users (FLAGDU)