[Flagdu] FW: Welcome Information

Sherrill O'Brien Sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Mon Jun 30 15:50:31 UTC 2014

Hello again,

Pasted and attached is NAGDU's welcome information flyer which will be
available in print or braille at convention.

Sherrill

      The National Association of Guide dog Users (NAGDU) welcomes you to
the 74th annual convention of the National Federation of the blind. In order
to help make your convention experience the best it can be, we want to
provide some important information to our guide dog users.

MEETINGS

The NAGDU meetings will be heldin Salon 3, Level 2. Our meetings will be
held on Tuesday, July 1 and Thursday, July 3. Registration will begin at
6:00 p.m. outside the salon and close promptly at 6:45. You must be
registered to receive door prizes. There is no fee to register; however,
only members may vote. If you are a member of an affiliate division, this
constitutes membership in NAGDU with all its privileges. Each NAGDU
affiliate  division is required to submit a list of its members to the NAGDU
secretary, so your name should be on our rolls; however, you will need to
check in at the meeting room door. If you are not a member of an affiliate
division, membership dues are $5.00. Membership is from convention to
convention, unless an affiliate division has other policies. Our meetings
will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m.

RELIEF AREAS

      There are two relief areas at the Rosen Center. One is located on the
convention side of the hotel to the right of the convention center entrance.
The other is located [somewhere elwse]. There is one relief area at the
Rosen Plaza. It is located down the sidewalk to the left of the main
entrance immediately across the access road to the parking lot. Guide dog
users are encouraged to use these relief areas; pick-up bags are provided
and are attached to the garbage can.

INFORMATION & EXHBIT TABLES

This year NAGDU has two tables. Our information table is located near the
Grand Ballroom near the exit from the convention area and the relief area.
The other is located in the exhibit hall - table B-17.  Both tables will
have NAGDU information and products, as well as pick-up bags at the
information table, should you find yourself without one.

MENTORS PROGRAM

      NAGDU has mentors available for delegates attending convention with
their guide dogs for the first time. If you would like a mentor, please
contact Julie Mcginnity at 314-610-7740 or stop by the NAGDU information
table.