[Fopbc] Fwd: Project Hire: Transition to Employment

FOPBC at aol.com FOPBC at aol.com
Wed Jul 29 20:36:54 UTC 2009

____________________________________

Hello friends,

Just a reminder again that here at Mississippi State University  we are
initiating an exciting new opportunity for recent high school  and college
graduates and seniors who are blind or have low vision  to be involved in an
on-line intervention to enhance their  employability.  We are recruiting almost
100 students from all over the  country who will be involved for 8 weeks of
supplemental activity in  either September - November or January-February.
Students will  be randomly assigned to a group, so we are hoping to get all
our  candidates lined up by September 1.  The purpose of the program  is
two-fold.  First, we are hoping it will be beneficial to the  participants in
preparing them to find employment, but it is also a research  project to
develop evidenced based practice which we hope will be replicable  and
available nationwide.

Attached are 2 email flyers about the program, one for college  students
and one for both high school and college students.  We can send  braille and
large print as well if anyone is interested.  Please post  this on your
office bulletin boards and help pass the word to interested  students.  Students
can sign up on line through our website at _www.blind.msstate.edu_
(http://www.blind.msstate.edu/)  .  Please contact me  if you have any questions.

Thanks for your help!

BJ