[Fopbc] Newsline of Florida on the move

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 18:19:44 UTC 2009

Greetings all,

This is Sherri Brun, NFBF secretary and now Newsline ®coordinator for Florida. I am very excited to let you know that Newsline ®is growing in Florida. We have lots of plans and ideas for improvement of Newsline® and here are just a couple that have already happened.

First, with the sad loss of Dave Anspach as our Newsline Florida Channel Coordinator, I have talked with Grant Downey, who previously had that responsibility and he has again taken on that challenge. His goal is to revamp and update the Florida channel with the latest articles of interest for your listening pleasure. To this end, he has put a new section in the Florida channel called "Hot News Items". Right now, there is only one article in that section, which was requested by a Newsline ®subscriber. If you have articles of interest to blind people about friends of yours or exciting developments in technology, etc. send them to Grant for inclusion in this new section. Also, please send him your latest organization's newsletter to add to the Florida channel. Some of the newsletters are quite out of date. The Florida Information Channel is also the place for your chapter or division information, newsletters, etc.,. I hope to keep Grant busy with additions to this channel. If you have any information or articles to send Grant, please e-mail him at gdowney at tampabay.rr.com

Of course, if you are a Newsline ®subscriber, you can listen to the Florida information channel by simply calling Newsline ®using your local number or the toll-free number, logging in when prompted, pressing 2 to get to the Florida channel and then 1 to listen to content choices.

I would also like to thank Sabrina Deaton, our past coordinator for agreeing to help me with the transition of Newsline® and for her continuing help.

Finally if you have any questions or would like to subscribe to Newsline®, please e-mail me with your request. My e-mail is below my signature. My Newsline® phone number is 1-866-603-8578 and my home phone is 407-898-6024.

Happy listening.
Sherri

Flmom2006 at gmail.com