[Fopbc] Fwd:ACCESSIBLE ipod touch

FOPBC at aol.com FOPBC at aol.com
Fri Sep 11 07:38:42 UTC 2009

____________________________________

-----Original Message-----
From: Lappland  <lappland at bellsouth.net>
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Sent: Fri,  Sep 11, 2009 1:56 am
Subject: [Nfbf-l] ACCESSIBLE ipod touch

if this really works, it is  awesome!  Go Apple! >iPod touch includes a
screen reader and other innovative accessibility
 >> features that make it easier to use for those with impaired vision.
 >> VoiceOver
 >>
 >> The same VoiceOver screen reader made popular on the Mac and the
 >> iPhone is now a standard feature on iPod touch (3rd generation). It's
 >> the world's first gesture-based screen reader, enabling you to enjoy
 >> the fun and simplicity of iPod touch even if you can't see the screen.
 >> What makes VoiceOver on iPod touch remarkable is that you control it
 >> using simple gestures that let you physically interact with items on
 >> the screen. It's easy to learn and fun to use. Instead of memorizing
 >> hundreds of keyboard commands or endlessly pressing tiny arrow keys to
 >> find what you're looking for, with VoiceOver you simply touch the
 >> screen to hear a description of the item under your finger, then
 >> gesture with a double-tap, drag, or flick.
 >> VoiceOver delivers an experience unlike any screen reader you've used
 >> before. Traditional screen readers describe individual elements on the
 >> screen, but struggle to communicate where each element is located or
 >> provide information about adjoining objects. This contextual
 >> information is very important but typically filtered out by other
 >> screen readers. For example, "off-screen" models used by traditional
 >> screen readers to represent applications and web pages intentionally
 >> strip away contextual information and describe web pages as a list or
 >> menu of items. But with VoiceOver on iPod touch, you'll experience
 >> something entirely new.
 >> Because VoiceOver works with the touchscreen, you interact directly
 >> with objects on the screen and can understand their location and
 >> context. So, when you touch the upper-left corner of the screen,
 >> you'll hear what's in the upper-left corner of a web page, and as you
 >> drag your finger around the screen, you'll learn what's nearby,
 >> providing an amazing new sense of context and relationships between
 >> the items you hear. For many, VoiceOver on iPod touch will provide,
 >> perhaps for the first time, a true sense of not only how things appear
 >> on the screen, but also descriptions of what they are. You'll hear
 >> descriptions of every item, including status information such as
 >> battery level, Wi-Fi signal levels, and time of day. iPod touch even
 >> lets you know when the display changes to landscape or portrait, and
 >> when the screen is locked or unlocked.
 >> The speaking rate is adjustable so you can set it to a speed that best
 >> suits your listening ability. VoiceOver uses distinctive sound effects
 >> to alert you when an application opens, when the screen is updated,
 >> when a message dialog appears, and more. And when VoiceOver is
 >> talking, the volume of background sounds and music is automatically
 >> lowered, "ducking" under the voice, so you can clearly hear what
 >> VoiceOver is telling you.
 >>
 >> It Speaks Your Language
 >> VoiceOver includes built-in voices that speak over 21 languages
> [...]

 Please remember to support the Florida Outreach Center for the Blind by
donating
 a dollar or more to help fund our worthy programs. Send your tax deductible
 gift to:
 Florida Outreach Center for the Blind
 1280 N. Congress Ave., Ste-108
 West Palm Beach, FL 33409
 Or use the Pay Pal link on our web site at:
 _www.flblindcenter.org_ (http://www.flblindcenter.org/)
 Thank you!
Nfbf-l:

_http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbf-l_nfbnet.org/bluegolfshoes%40aol.com_