[Fopbc] Fwd: National Federation of the Blind Announces 2010 Scholarship P...

FOPBC at aol.com FOPBC at aol.com
Wed Nov 4 15:30:03 UTC 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE  RELEASE

CONTACT:

Chris  Danielsen

Director of Public  Relations

National Federation of the  Blind

(410) 659-9314, extension  2330

(410) 262-1281 (Cell)

_cdanielsen at nfb.org_ (mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org)

National  Federation of the Blind Announces 2010 Scholarship  Program

Thirty Scholarships Available to College  and Postgraduate Students

Baltimore, Maryland  (November 3, 2009): The National Federation of the
Blind, the oldest and  largest organization of blind people in the United
States, announced today  that applications are now being accepted for the 2010
National Federation of  the Blind Scholarship Program. Thirty scholarships
totaling $100,000 will be  awarded to blind students from the United States and
Puerto Rico. The  scholarships are available to blind students who will be
enrolled in college  or a graduate program beginning in the fall of 2010,
including incoming  freshmen. Scholarships range in value from $3,000 to
$12,000.

Dr. Marc Maurer, President of the  National Federation of the Blind, said:
"The National Federation of the Blind  Scholarship Program is the
Federation's way of recognizing outstanding  academic achievement by blind students
and spreading our positive philosophy  of blindness to these students and to
the general public. Because of the  collective efforts of blind Americans,
blind people today are achieving  greater academic success and entering fields
of study once thought closed to  the blind, and celebrating their
achievements is always a highlight of our  national convention. I join the
Scholarship Committee in inviting every  eligible blind student to submit an
application, and I look forward to meeting  the dynamic individuals that will make up
the 2010 National Federation of the  Blind scholarship class."

Information on the NFB  scholarship program is posted online at
<_http://www.nfb.org/scholarships>www.nfb.org/scholarships_
(http://www.nfb.org/scholarships>www.nfb.org/scholarships) .  The deadline for applications is March
31, 2010.

Questions  may be directed to the NFB Scholarship Committee Chairman, Mr.
Anil Lewis, by  e-mail at <_mailto:Scholarships at nfb.org>Scholarships at nfb.org_
(mailto:Scholarships at nfb.org>Scholarships at nfb.org?) ,  or by phone at (410)
659 -9314, extension  2415.

blindkid: