[Fopbc] FW: [nfbsc] Walking Alone and Marching Together Now Online as MP3 Audio

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Nov 20 11:12:16 UTC 2009

Original Message:
From: "Steve & Shannon Cook" <cookcafe at sc.rr.com>
To: <nfbsc at yahoogroups.com>, <SCABS at yahoogroups.com>,
<palmettovision at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [nfbsc] Walking Alone and Marching Together Now Online as MP3
Audio
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:37:37 -0500

Walking Alone and Marching Together Now Online as MP3 Audio

Some of you may remember ordering Walking Alone and Marching
Together, the history of our first 50 years, on tape in the 1990's.
You may remember that the tape box was quite bulky, at least, if you
got the NFB version with the original speeches mixed in.

The text of this major historical publication has been online, but
until recently, it was only up as text. That meant you either needed
to be at your computer or you needed a Braille Note or other portable
unit that could handle web pages, and if you wanted audio, you had to
either stick with your tape player or make due with the voices
provided by your screen reader.

Many of you probably have either a Victor Reader Stream, Book Sense,
or Plextalk Pocket, and some high capacity SD cards. If that's true
for you, REJOYCE! This major historical book is FINALLY now up in mp3
audio, and you get good narration, along with the original speeches.

To check this out, go to

<http://www.nfb.org/nfb/WAMT.asp?SnID=1054658543>http://www.nfb.org/nfb/WAMT

.asp?SnID=1054658543

Thanks, and enjoy.

Steve & Shannon
Windows Live Messenger: stcook at sccb.sc.gov
Today I married my best friend.
The one that I laugh with, live for, love.
October 11, 2003
You have to change with the change or be destroyed by the change.