[Fopbc] Fwd: Announcing www.TeachBlindStudents.org!

FOPBC at aol.com FOPBC at aol.com
Tue Nov 24 13:10:50 UTC 2009

The National Federation  of the Blind has launched a nationwide teacher
recruitment campaign  to help attract energetic and passionate
individuals into the field  of blindness education, and we need your
help! As a part of this  effort, we developed
_www.TeachBlindStudents.org_ (http://www.teachblindstudents.org/) , a new
online resource to help  promote the
rewarding career of teaching blind students. The site  features a wealth
of information for perspective teachers, a program  for current blindness
education professionals, and an opportunity to  join our teacher
recruitment efforts!

Currently,  we are looking for individuals to make presentations to high
school  and college students in their local communities. This  teacher
recruitment project is great for current students, parents of  blind
children, local chapters, state affiliates, and for others  interested in
the education of blind students. To learn more about  the Teacher
Recruitment Network, or to get involved,  visit
_www.TeachBlindStudents.org_ (http://www.teachblindstudents.org/) . There
is a link from our home  page that will
take you to an area where you can sign up to help. If  you have any
questions about this program, contact Rosy Carranza at  (410) 659-9314,
ext. 2283, or email her at _rcarranza at nfb.org_ (mailto:rcarranza at nfb.org) .
Together, we really  can
make a difference in the education of blind  students!

blindkid:
_http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/bluegolfshoes%40a
ol.com_
(http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/bluegolfshoes@aol.com)