[Fopbc] Fwd: NBP-Announce: Social Networking and You: Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn for Blind Users (by Anna Dresner)

Lenora Marten fopbc at aol.com
Tue Mar 2 19:36:04 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Grima <agrima at nbp.org>
To: nbp at nbp.org
Sent: Tue, Mar 2, 2010 12:42 pm
Subject: NBP-Announce: Social Networking and You: Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn for Blind Users (by Anna Dresner)

Social Networking and You: Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn for Blind
sers
y Anna Dresner
n braille, eBraille, text, and DAISY formats, $12.00
"I started my job search with my LinkedIn contacts."
Your tweets are hilarious!"
We're Facebook friends, but we've never met in person!"
It seems like everyone these days is spending at least some of their
ime on social networking sites. If you're not participating, you may
eel left out - and it doesn't help that none of these sites were
esigned with blind users in mind! But what exactly do Facebook, Twitter
nd LinkedIn have to offer? How do you get started on them? And what
bout issues of privacy?
This book is designed to help you learn about these three social
etworking sites so that you can decide which, if any, you wish to join.
nna Dresner gives you enough information to get started; she describes
ow these sites work right now and gives you some idea about the sorts
f things you can do on them. Anna offers commands and strategies for
avigating these sites with screen readers, and includes pointers for
andling specific situations using JAWS, Window-Eyes and System Access,
nd VoiceOver on the Mac.
Note: The DAISY version of this book will work with any version of
SReader, which comes free with every installation of JAWS.
Read the full table of contents for this book, or order it, at
ttp://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/SOCIAL.html

*****
o order any books, send payment to:
BP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302
r call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext
0. Or order any of our books online at
ttp://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html .

PLEASE DO NOT respond to this message! It is an automated message and your query
ill not reach us. Send questions to orders at nbp.org .
Visit us at http://www.nbp.org