[Fopbc] NLCSD - Ever Think About Earning a Doctorate?

Lenora Marten fopbc at aol.com
Sun Mar 7 17:22:07 UTC 2010

Ever Think About Earning a Doctorate?

The National Leadership Consortium in Sensory Disabilities (NLCSD), funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs, is accepting applications to doctoral programs in the areas of blind/visually impaired, deaf/hard of hearing, and deafblindness. Full tuition and a minimum of $20,000 annual living stipend will be provided to NLCSD Fellows for up to four years of full-time on campus study while they earn their doctorates at one of the 25 Consortium Universities. Fellowships are available to US citizens/permanent residents who must first be accepted into a doctoral program. The cohort will begin Fall 2010.

The consortium members, and the doctoral programs they offer, are listed at <http://www.salus.edu/nlcsd/index.html>http://www.salus.edu/nlcsd/index.html

Applications must be postmarked by March 26, 2010. Applications postmarked after that date will not be considered. Notifications will be made to applicants by May 3, 2010.

Please share this information with potential candidates, or consider applying yourself!

The NFB is deeply concerned that we have strong leaders in order to continue our work to improve the education of blind children and the programs to train teachers to work with those children. We encourage those interested in providing leadership in this area to consider applying.

Carol Castellano, President
973-377-0976
carol_castellano at verizon.net
blindkid mailing list