[Fopbc] {Disarmed} Fw: Watch Live: President to Sign Disability Bill Today Friday 10/8/10 at 2pm

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 16:52:26 UTC 2010

Just sharing.

----- Original Message -----
From: Sarah Peterson - JFA Moderator
To: flmom2006 at gmail.com
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 11:11 AM
Subject: Watch Live: President to Sign Disability Bill Today Friday 10/8/10 at 2pm

                  American Association of People with Disabilities Newsletter  JFA is a free service of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD)

                        Watch Live: President to Sign Disability Bill Today Friday 10/8/10 at 2pm

                        From the White House (10.6.10):

                        We are proud to note that on Friday, October 8, President Barack Obama will sign the Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 into law, deliver brief remarks on the impact of this law on people with disabilities and celebrate the enactment of Rosa's Law. This event in the East Room will be open press and streamed on whitehouse.gov/live.

                        On Tuesday, October 5, the President signed into law Rosa's Law.

                        >>> Watch the Bill Signing Live

                        From AAPD (9.29.10):

                        "This legislation is a victory for civil rights in our increasingly digital world," explains Andrew Imparato, AAPD's President and CEO. "The bill makes clear that it is not okay for people with sensory disabilities to be second class citizens in 21st century America."...

                        The passage of the "21st Century Communications" legislation is a result of five years of cooperative work by AAPD, other non-profit groups, industry, and government...

                        "This is a major milestone in accessibility history," said Jenifer Simpson, AAPD's Senior Director for Government Affairs and a COAT Co-Founder and Co-Chair. "The new law will ensure more people with disabilities will not be left behind in our digital communications world."

                        >>> To Read the Full Release or to Comment

                        >>> For the Full Text of the Bill

                        MODERATOR, Sarah Peterson, JUSTICE FOR ALL -- A Service of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD).

                        To respond to a JFA email, submit an article, or contact the moderator, email her at jfa at aapd.com.

                        ACCESSIBILITY: To request to receive a text-only version of this and every JFA newsletter rather than the html version, please contact the moderator at jfa at aapd.com.

                        DISCLAIMER: The JFA listserv is designed to share information of interest to people with disabilities and promote dialogue in the disability community. Information circulated does not necessarily express the views of AAPD. The JFA listserv is non-partisan.

                        JFA ARCHIVES: All JFA postings from 1995 through October 2007 are available on the AAPD website. Archives of news and other articles featured on JFA since October 2007 are available by category and date on the JFActivist blog.

                        Share JFA

                        Quick Links
                        Join AAPD
                        JFActivist Blog
                        Donate

      Forward email

            This email was sent to flmom2006 at gmail.com by jfa at aapd.com.
            Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribeT | Privacy Policy. Email Marketing by

      American Association of People with Disabilities | 1629 K Street, NW | Suite 503 | Washington | DC | 20006