[Fopbc] Fwd: NBP-Announce: Kids' Book Club Selection: A Wish for Wings that Work

Lenora Marten fopbc at aol.com
Wed Nov 3 16:04:47 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Grima <agrima at nbp.org>
To: nbp <nbp at nbp.org>
Sent: Wed, Nov 3, 2010 7:53 am
Subject: NBP-Announce: Kids' Book Club Selection: A Wish for Wings that Work

November 2010 Book Club Selection
 Wish for Wings That Work: An Opus Christmas Story
y Berkeley Breathed
rint/braille edition, $7.99
n contracted braille with picture descriptions
ges 4-8
Opus the penguin wants nothing more than to be able to fly like the snow
ucks - but, of course, penguins can't fly. So he writes a letter to
anta asking for wings that work.
As Santa is making his rounds, his sleigh malfunctions and falls into a
old, icy lake. Luckily, penguins do know how to swim in cold, icy
akes, so Opus saves the day. His reward? We won't give it away here -
nd it's probably not what you're thinking - but rest assured that the
tory is told with warmth, energy, and plenty of witty details. This
ook charmed everyone in our office, and that's no small feat! It's sure
o become a family holiday favorite.
To order or read more about this book online, visit
ttp://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/BC1011-WINGS.html

or those celebrating Hanukkah, check out "It's a Miracle! A Hanukkah
torybook," by Stephanie Spinner:
ttp://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/MIRACLE.html

******
o order any books, send payment to:
BP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302
r call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext
20. Or order any of our books online at
ttp://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html .

PLEASE DO NOT respond to this message! It is an automated message and your query
ill not reach us. Send questions to orders at nbp.org .
Visit us at http://www.nbp.org