[Fopbc] David Kish of World Access for the Blind: event in Brevard County

Lenora Marten fopbc at aol.com
Mon Jan 10 14:22:52 UTC 2011

To the Families of Blind Children in Brevard County,
We are a Lego Robotics (bttp://www,firstlegoleague.org/) team called "The Legooners" (Iegooners. word~s.org). As part of this year's BioEngineering Challenge, we are studying ways to
improve the lives of blind people. Community Involvement is a big part of the First Challenge.
We found Daniel Kish with World Access for the Blind (http://video.worldaccessfortheblind.org/PrepMateriaI2.html), and our team is flying him here from California. He arrives on January 19, 2011, and we are having a "Sensory Experience Day"
. Event for the··community~onJanuary22;·2()lt·~-···It would·be·great·
if we could find some blind kids for him to work with. And we are wondering if you would be interested.
Daniel Kish has taught over 1200 blind people world wide to do things like ride bikes, climb mountains and play basketball and soccer. (www.worldaccessfortheblind.org/taxonomy/term/8)
Would your child like to be one of them?
We would love to hear from you.
Please email us:TheLegooners at gmail.com
or call my mom, Deb Vorndran: 321-432-2003
I hope I'll see you there!----
Drake ~orndran The Legooners

Lenora J. Marten, President
Florida Organization of Parents of Blind Children
NFB-Jacksonville Chapter Secretary
Chairperson, FSDB/PAC
FOPBC at aol.com
904-777-5976 / 904-229-9554