[Fopbc] {Disarmed} Fwd: RFB&D is now Learning Ally

Lenora Marten fopbc at aol.com
Thu Apr 14 18:39:46 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Learning Ally formerly RFB&D <enews at learningally.org>
To: fopbc <fopbc at aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Apr 13, 2011 1:41 pm
Subject: RFB&D is now Learning Ally

Having trouble viewing this email?Click here to view this email as a webpage.

You're receiving this email because of your relationship with Learning Ally, formerly Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic. Please confirm your continued interest in receiving email from us.  You only have to do this once.

You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.

Studio News
Athens
Austin
Boca Raton
Open Houses
Boston
Charlottesville
Chicago
DreamBuilders Breakfast
Denver
Inland Empire
Annual Art Event
Lenox
Los Angeles
New York
Oak Ridge
Orland Park
Palo Alto
Reach Out And Record
Philadelphia
Phoenix
Golf Classic
Princeton
Santa Barbara
Sun Cities
Washington, D.C.
35th Annual Gala

At-A-Glance
In the News:
Record-A-Thon was successful all across the nation. As we joined hands with Read Across America Day, our students, volunteers and supporters were covered in media.

Federal Support for Accessible Text At Risk: Learn more and take action to help.

Member Tip
Transfer your DAISY book to your RFB&D Audio App with a few simple steps! For complete instructions and a Quick Start Guide, visit here.

Stay Connected
Contact Us | e-Newsletter
Blog | Volunteer

Questions or Comments? Email us: eNews at LearningAlly.org

Dear Friend,

RFB&D® is now Learning Ally: Making reading accessible for all. Changing the name of a long-established, national institution such as RFB&D is not something we entered into lightly. Over the past year, we conducted research and focus groups with hundreds of students, parents, educators, volunteers and funders - to define the direction of the organization and identify a name reflecting our expanded mission for the future. Our new name represents our commitment to the broader scope of individuals we serve, honoring their request not to be labeled by their disability, and their wish to be empowered with equal opportunities to learn.

We have an App for that!

Now members can play Downloadable DAISY books on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices! Our new app is available for $19.99 at the the Apple iTunes store.

Meet Member, Ryan Ansel

"The impossible is now possible for me." Ryan Ansel was formally diagnosed in 5th grade with acute dyslexia and a 3rd grade reading level. "I transformed dyslexia from my enemy into a source of motivation."

Meet Volunteer, Candice Coll

"What would my life be without books?" 17-year-old Candice Coll's passion for literature lead her to our organization at age 12, where time spent volunteering and fundraising would be meaningful and life-changing!

Record-A-Thon: Spectacular Support
Across the Country

Thank you to national studios sponsor PLEXTALK and to all who participated in our Annual National Record-A-Thon: Different Ways to Read Across America. Collectively more than $325,000 was raised to support our mission! Your donation can still count towards our goal.

Congratulations to the winners of the contests. With more than 1,000 entries, the PLEXTALK devices go to Charles L. Krugman and Bradley Delavan. The RFB&D gift bundle from our Facebook contest goes to Kelly Evans.

Please encourage your friends to become a Learning Ally to help us reach more individuals with tools for educational success.

Sincerely,

Your Friends
at Learning Ally

LearningAlly.org

*Thanks to major funding from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs, Grant #H327D100001 and support of private donors, Learning Ally Individual Membership is now free to individuals. Certification is required; you will find certification options within the online registration process.
©2011 Learning Ally, Inc. All Rights Reserved. LearningAllyTM, Making reading accessible for allTM, the "Access" icon, Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic®, RFB&D®, Learning Through Listening®, the "Heart and Headphones" design and all trademarks and service marks are owned by Learning Ally, Incorporated.    Apple® is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc.

Forward this email

This email was sent to fopbc at aol.com by enews at learningally.org  |
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™  |  Privacy Policy.

Learning Ally | 20 Roszel Road | Princeton | NJ | 08540