[Fopbc] New Facebook Group Format PLEASE READ

Lenora Marten fopbc at aol.com
Fri May 6 17:46:08 UTC 2011

Valuable members, friends and supporters:

Facebook is upgrading it's group format. Our group is large enough that we were not given the automatic upgrade option. We are now switching over to the new format under the same name, Florida Organization of Parents of Blind Children.

Benefits of new format: You will no longer need to put the group name in the search to find recent posts, but will rather find a group button on the left side of your newsfeed. You will have the opportunity for group chat with the members of the group. The group chat button is located on the right side just under 'members'.

We invite you to move with us over to the new group staying updated on the latest happenings within the blind community of Florida. We will continue to bring you news and updates from other states as well.

With privacy in mind, the group remains 'closed' meaning that anyone can see that the group exists but a person needs to be a member to see the posts and/or comments. Additionally, those who wish to join us will still need to be approved by one of our group administrators.

I do not know how long the old group will be accessible to you, so please join us as soon as you can.

Looking forward to seeing you all in our new 'facebook home'.

Click on the link below to get started -

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_107609672658921&ap=1

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks so much!!

Lenora J. Marten, President
Florida Organization of Parents of Blind Children
NFB-Jacksonville Chapter Secretary
Chairperson, FSDB/PAC
FOPBC at aol.com
904-777-5976 / 904-229-9554