[Fopbc] FOPBC's Adventures in Blind Optimism Saturday Program August 20, 2011 Daytona

Lenora Marten fopbc at aol.com
Fri Aug 19 19:44:41 UTC 2011

Florida Organization of Parents of Blind Children's Adventures in Blind Optimism Saturday Program will be held in Daytona tomorrow at Jackie Robinson Stadium. Game time is 7:05pm.

Thanks go out to Holly for suggesting this idea and making initial contacts. Go Holly! And special thanks to Larry for taking time out of his day yesterday to get these programs set up. What a guy!!!

We will be meeting at the Magnolia gate at 5:30 pm. We will tour the grounds and the children will have a chance to run the bases. The Cubs have generously offered to re-work their batting practice around us so that we may see it. The children will also get a chance to meet some of the ball players!

FOPBC will be covering ticket fees and a $10 per diem for snacks/food/drinks per person for families of blind children. When you get to the Magnolia gate, please see Larry Marten for additional program info. His phone number is 904-536-7029.

Hope to see everyone there!

Don't forget sunscreen ;o)

PLAY BALL!!!

Lenora J. Marten